Growing System Leaders
Applications are now open for Growing System Leaders, an exciting, new system leadership programme for colleagues across East Surrey, who want to influence the health and care of our population.
How do I apply?
Applications open on 2nd May. The closing date is 9th June 2023.
Who’s the programme for?
The programme is the successor to the popular East Surrey 100 and is designed to equip colleagues working in East Surrey at every level and from all organisations to feel empowered, initiate change, be inspired and courageous and to have a voice across organisational boundaries. It has a focus on neighbourhood development and on the skills needed to work collaboratively.
There are 50 fully funded places available on the programme for passionate individuals who want to learn to work creatively to improve the health and care outcomes of our communities. Growing System Leaders welcomes applications from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences and celebrates the wealth of contribution such diversity will bring (We especially encourage applications from neurodivergent candidates and candidates with protected characteristics under the Equalities Act).
What will participants achieve?
- Multi-professional relationships and networks
- System leadership capabilities and behaviours
- Ability to co-produce
- Understand and build trust, influence, and compassionate leadership
- How to use coaching conversations
- Understand the power of feedback
- Learning through a neighbourhood-focused project
- Understanding your role in supporting East Surrey Place’s ambitions
What’s the timescale and what’s involved?
The programme will start in July 2023 for six months. Participants will attend interactive workshops, eLearning, learning circles and complete a neighbourhood-focused project. The sessions are a combination of face-to-face and online.
- 7th July – Launch Day (7.5h)
- 14th July – Learning Circle (2h)
- 26th July – Learning Circle (2h)
- August (flexible dates) – Walk in their shoes (3.5h)
- 12th September – Co-Production webinar (1.5h)
- 19th September – Trust, influence, compassion, feedback (4h)
- 27th September – Learning Circle (2h)
- 17th October – Learning Circle (2h)
- 16th November – Coaching conversations webinar (1.5h)
- 28th November – Learning Circle (2h)
- 14th December – Graduation (3.5h)